Trademark & Copyright
A trademark is often defined as the unique identity that creates your company, product, or service stand out from the rest. A registered trademark is your business’s intellectual property/ intangible . It protects the investment made into creating trust and loyalty among your customers.
The registration provides the right to sue against others who attempt to copy your trademark and prevents others from using a similar trademark to the one registered by you.
What are you able to Register As a Trademark?
Many aspects of your brand image are often registered as a trademark. The aspect you would like to think about is which aspect of your brand stands bent your customers. Pick that aspect(s) for registering.
- Product Name: you’ll register a specific product’s name as a trademark. Apple’s iPod is a product name trademark.
- Business Name: Registering a corporation name as a trademark is that the most common route businesses take. Ex: Bajaj.
- Person’s Name/Surname: If your name plays a crucial part in generating revenue, then you’ll even trademark your name! Ex: Shah Rukh Khan has trademarked his name.
- Abbreviations: Abbreviations of a corporation or name also can be a trademark. Ex: BMW.
It is highly recommended to trademark a logo because it visually represents your brand. Your customers can recollect a logo faster than a reputation . an excellent example of a logo trademark is that the ‘swoosh’ of Nike.
If you’ve got a tagline for your brand, you’ll plow ahead and trademark that also. A tagline tells your customers what you represent as a business. for instance, KFC’s ‘It’s finger-lickin’ good’.
- Other Options
- Colour Mark: you’ll trademark a color or a mixture of colors . (Ex: Cadbury has trademarked the color royal blue)
- Sound Mark: Musical notes or sounds are often trademarked if we will prove that it’s distinctive. Nokia has trademarked its tune.
- Scent Mark: Even scents are often trademarked.
Why Is Trademark Registration Important?
Trademark registration is vital and necessary for a business because:
It showcases your unique identity
It helps you build trust and loyalty among your customers
It offers legal protection for your brand’s identity
It is an asset in itself
It prevents unauthorized usage of your brand’s identity.
Initially, you’ve got to provide us with the following details:
The documents required are:
Identification proof of the signatory
Address proof of the signatory
Business proof (depends on the sort of business)
Udyog Aadhar/MSME registration certificate (optional)
Why Welegal Services
Here is why you ought to choose Welegal for trademark registration:
- We conduct a radical search of the TM directory
- We prepare the authorization letter, so we will file for trademark registration on your behalf
- Our experts guide you with the classes you would like to use under
- We fill and apply with the Registrar
- We constantly provide you with updates until the registration process is complete
- You get the best support throughout the method and all your queries are going to be answered.